This page describes the criteria for recognition in the Continuity department.
To become a member of any department, you have to:
- Be a member in good standing (have paid the membership dues)
- Have completed the Initiation à la vie associative session
The criteria below have been the AQTIS 514 IATSE requirements since March 18, 2021.
- Have been listed in the membership directory as an Assistant Script Supervisor
- Have taken the SCRIPTE course
- Have completed an editing observation internship of at least 5 days. This internship can take place during an assistantship contract and is compulsory before being able to accumulate credits as a script supervisor. The editor or assistant editor provides an evaluation and proof of internship.
- Have accumulated 120 days of work as script supervisor under AQTIS contract on at least 2 productions (the maximum cumulative number of days in advertising is 10 out of 120)
All of the criteria above also apply to reclassifications. A professional script supervisor from another union or country must accumulate up to 90 days of work on the 120 due with contract recognized by the AQTIS 514 IATSE, as a script. An interview and a meeting with the Continuity committee are mandatory
- Have taken the AQTIS 101 course
- Have performed a mandatory 30-day observation internship. The internship must include 25 days on the set and a maximum of 5 days of preparation. The 30 days must be spread over several types of production (cinema, series, advertising), with a maximum of 3 days eligible for advertising. The scripts must produce an evaluation report for the trainee. The internship is pre-requisite to hold the function of assistant script supervisor
- Have accumulated 90 days of work as an Assistant Script Supervisor permittee under AQTIS contract on at least 2 different productions. An evaluation report of the script supervisor is compulsory for the recognition of the assistant script supervisor
All of the criteria above also apply to reclassifications.
A standard internship certification and evaluation document will be designed for trainers and distributed to everyone for each stage of recognition.
Are you a technician interested in opening an account with AQTIS 514 IATSE (or complete an existing one)? If so, you must provide your date of birth and your social insurance number (SIN) when filling out the form.
This information allows us to issue your income tax slips and to transfer the accumulated saving from your RRSP and insurance, following the collective agreements.
Producer: To access the Members Directory and the Technician Job Search System, please contact us directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your information has been reviewed and approve by our team during business hours, you will have access to My Profile, Tools and Documents and My Credits.
If you have any questions, please contact our Member Services team at 514 844-2113 or email@example.com.