Introduction to the Location Budget
Length : 21 hours
Location department technicians must make it a priority to ensure that every location shoot is a positive experience for the lessors. These technicians must therefore follow an impeccable code of conduct, from first contact to restoring the location to its original condition once the shoot is over.
This course teaches the members of the locations department about all of their responsibilities in relation to the other members of the crew and the lessors, be they individuals, businesses or municipalities. This course emphasizes behaviour, relational attitudes and best practices for location scouts and assistant location managers, based on ethical professional practices in the industry.
Any member or permitee who is interested in locations.
Mandatory course to obtain the status of member as a location manager, assistant location manager, or location scout with AQTIS 514 IATSE.
This course if offered by the Inis. To obtain information about it or register for it, place contact the Inis.
When you receive your certificate of participation, send it to AQTIS 514 IATSE, so that we can add it to your file.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize, from reading the script, which locations are going to be hard to scout.
- Use the methods of scouting locations and requesting permission to use them that are best suited to the realities of each of the desired locations.
- Develop constant communication with the lessor, neighbouring property owners, the municipality and any other organization involved in any part of the process.
- Use effective methods of managing the location crew, adapting these methods to the specific requirements of each location.
- As a matter of professional ethics, maintain continuous, close liaison with the lessor and with third parties.