Managing a Team
Managing a Team
Length : 7.5 hours
This course lets you critically examine your own management practices and update your knowledge regarding empowerment, team management and work climate.
More specifically, this course will help you to:
- Acquire a better knowledge of union rights;
- Understand the rights and obligations regarding occupational health and safety;
- Recognize the qualities of a leader on the management team;
- Develop better tools to avoid conflicts and prevent harassment.
The proposed activities will leave room for group discussions, case studies and team workshops.
This courses is intended for people who:
- Exercise line authority;
- Direct or supervise the professional activities of their colleagues;
- Assume the responsibility of the person in authority on individual occasions.
Have taken the course “Initiation to community life” or already be a member of AQTIS 514 IATSE.
- David Giasson, Labour Relations Advisor, AQTIS 514 IATSE
- Nathalie Tassé (Occupational Health and Safety Advisor, AQTIS 514 IATSE) has been working in health and safety for over 25 years. She holds a master's degree in ergonomics and has worked mainly in the industrial sector. Throughout her career, she has developed the implementation of prevention programs and various health and safety training contents (for local and international purposes). A team player, Nathalie enthusiastically shares her knowledge and experience through her role as a trainer at AQTIS 514 IATSE.
- Pierre-Luc Asselin has an interdisciplinary Bachelor of Arts degree and a certificate in labour relations. AQTIS 514 IATSE labor relations advisor, he has 12 years of experience as a lighting technician and more than 15 years on film sets. Pierre-Luc has the knowledge required to understand the realities of freelance life in the audiovisual industry. As a trainer of "Managing a Team", he wishes to enlighten learners on the challenges and responsibilities of the position and give them the best tools to manage, communicate and lead a team.
Please enter your name on the call-back list at the bottom of the page to be notified of the next dates that come open for registrations.
When a date opens up, the Professional Training Team will contact you to inform you of the registration procedures and to accept your payment, which will let them confirm your registration.
The number of participants allowed in each course is limited. On the day of the course, we will not admit any participants who have not paid for it in advance.
Part 1: Union considerations
- Realize the importance of being familiar and complying with the collective agreements.
- Be familiar with the various procedures in case of disputes or legal action.
- Understand the usefulness of the SET.
Part 2: Occupational health and safety
Be familiar with:
- The definition of occupational health and safety;
- The applicable laws;
- Prevention (Act respecting occupational health and safety);
- Compensation (Act respecting industrial accidents and occupational diseases);
- Your obligations under the laws;
- Consequences for not obeying the laws;
- Your responsibility with regard to occupational health and safety;
- Reasonable diligence;
Part 3: Managing a team
Defining your role
- Develop tools for choosing the members of your team.
- Determine the importance of credibility in your leadership.
- Differentiate the management styles and target the impacts of your style on mobilizing your team.
Part 4: The work climate
- Recognizing conflicts
- Intervening in conflicts
- Defining harassment
- Knowing the consequences of harassment
- Clarifying the responsibilities of every individual
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
AQTIS 514 IATSE
1001, boulevard de Maisonneuve Est, bureau 900, Montréal (Québec) H2L 4P9
100$ + taxes
Approx. once a month
NUMBER OF PLACES
Please contact our Professional Training Teamformations@aqtis514iatse.com 514 844-2113
The training course caught your interest?
We would be happy to add you on our reminder list. By subscribing, you will be notified whenever new sessions are open for registration.
Please sign in to subscribeLog in