This page describes the criteria for recognition in the Sound department.
To become a member of any department, you have to:
- Be a member in good standing (have paid the membership dues)
- Have completed the Initiation à la vie associative session
We are in the process of harmonizing the union’s recognition requirements.
In the meantime, there are two ways to be recognized for a position in the Sound department:
- According to the previous IATSE 514 requirements - Download (in French only)
- According to the previous AQTIS requirements – see below:
*Electronic Press Kit/Behind The Scene
- Have taken the Initiation à la vie associative, Protection contre les chutes, Plateforme élévatrice, SIMDUT courses
- Have accumulated 90 days of work as an Electronic soundperson (EPK/BTS) under union contract on 2 different productions
Provide the following documents:
- 1 letter of recommendation from a member of sound department
Are you a technician interested in opening an account with AQTIS 514 IATSE (or complete an existing one)? If so, you must provide your date of birth and your social insurance number (SIN) when filling out the form.
This information allows us to issue your income tax slips and to transfer the accumulated saving from your RRSP and insurance, following the collective agreements.
Producer: To access the Members Directory and the Technician Job Search System, please contact us directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your information has been reviewed and approve by our team during business hours, you will have access to My Profile, Tools and Documents and My Credits.
If you have any questions, please contact our Member Services team at 514 844-2113 or email@example.com.